Equality Nevada is a non-profit charity and advocacy organization. We fight for civil rights, using all of our resources to secure full equality for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community.
We advocate achieving fair treatment and equal opportunity for all Nevadans regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Equality Nevada focuses on youth, ensuring that laws are drafted and passed to protect them, provide funding and resources to low income families to help make possible that all youth can achieve their goals and dreams. One of our signature programs is the creation and maintenance of gay straight alliances which serve to build trust and open dialog with our allies to ensure the reality of inclusiveness and equality for all.
Equality Nevada builds a social and political voice for the LGBTQ communities of Nevada. We work with leaders from all around Nevada in an intentionally collaborative, inclusive, diverse, and respectful way.
We aim to advance LGBTQ protective policy, identify and organize LGBTQ leaders, volunteers, allies and organizations. We identify and promote like-minded candidates who will work to support the various needs of our diverse community throughout the state.
We provide leadership training’s, volunteer opportunities, and sponsorship opportunities to engage and grow the LGBT and straight-ally community involved in this fight.
We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization funded through donations, sponsorships, and grants.
- S.B. 194 – To include LGBTQ in History in Schools! - Today, we received word that the bill draft has been completed and the Senator Roberta Lange is the Primary Sponsor with Co-Sponsors Senator Moises Denis, [...]
- Equality Act Passes in House with Strong Bipartisan Support - Equality Act Passes in House with Strong Bipartisan Support Senators Must Now Prioritize LGBTQ Nondiscrimination Protections Henderson Equality Center and Equality Nevada applauds the U.S. [...]
- Coalition of Local and State and National Organizations Calls for Passage of the Equality Act - Lawmakers Must Make Comprehensive LGBTQ Nondiscrimination Protections a Priority Today, Henderson Equality Center and Equality Nevada joined a coalition of more than 150 state, local [...]
- Inclusive Curriculum Standards Bill to be Introduced in 2021 NV Legislation - Inclusive Curriculum Standards Bill to be Introduced in 2021 NV Legislation Initiative by Equality Nevada and Henderson Equality Center The absence of LGBTQ history increases [...]
- Over 350 LGBTQ Organizations Unite in Calling for Transformational Change in Policing - We need a policing system in the United States that protects people, not one that disproportionately threatens the Black community. We’re proud to join hundreds [...]