Equality Nevada is non-profit charity and advocacy organization. We fight for civil rights, securing full equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community. We advocate to achieve fair treatment and equal opportunity for all Nevadans regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
Equality Nevada focuses on youth, making sure laws are passed to protect them, provider funding and resources to low income families to help make possible that all youth can achieve the same dreams in life.
Equality Nevada builds a social and political voice for the LGBTQ communities of Nevada. We work with leaders from all around Nevada in an intentionally collaborative, inclusive, diverse, and respectful way.
We aim to advance LGBTQ protective policy, convene and organize LGBTQ leaders, people, and organizations, and elect candidates who support the various needs of our diverse community throughout the state.
We provide leadership training’s, volunteer opportunities, and sponsorship opportunities to engage and grow the LGBT and straight-ally community involved in this fight.
- Trans Awareness Month - By Jamie Parris “Trans Awareness Month? Didn’t we just have Pride last month?” What makes Trans Awareness Month different from Pride is that TAM is [...]
- Did our city do right to the homelessness problem? - On Wednesday November 6th, the Las Vegas City Council passed Ordinance 2019-36 by a 5-2 vote before a highly emotional and raucous crowd, this ordinance [...]
- LGBTQ History Critical Points From 1966 to Present - Before Stonewall, there is an event that occurred three years before in the streets of the Tenderloin district in San Francisco in August 1966. These [...]
- Pour Coffee House 2019 Raffle Winners!! - Good morning Las Vegas! We want to thank everyone that came out on Sunday at Pour Coffee House! Hats off to an amazing event. So [...]
- The Legacy of Matthew Shepherd - On a fateful night, twenty one years ago on October 6, 1998, a young gay man named Matthew Shepherd stopped into a bar in Laramie, [...]