Equality Nevada is a non-profit charity and advocacy organization. We fight for civil rights, using all of our resources to secure full equality for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community.
We advocate achieving fair treatment and equal opportunity for all Nevadans regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Equality Nevada focuses on youth, ensuring that laws are drafted and passed to protect them, provide funding and resources to low income families to help make possible that all youth can achieve their goals and dreams. One of our signature programs is the creation and maintenance of gay straight alliances which serve to build trust and open dialog with our allies to ensure the reality of inclusiveness and equality for all.
Equality Nevada builds a social and political voice for the LGBTQ communities of Nevada. We work with leaders from all around Nevada in an intentionally collaborative, inclusive, diverse, and respectful way.
We aim to advance LGBTQ protective policy, identify and organize LGBTQ leaders, volunteers, allies and organizations. We identify and promote like-minded candidates who will work to support the various needs of our diverse community throughout the state.
We provide leadership training’s, volunteer opportunities, and sponsorship opportunities to engage and grow the LGBT and straight-ally community involved in this fight.
We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization funded through donations, sponsorships, and grants.
- Equality Nevada Joins over 500 LGBTQ Organizations to Condemn White Supremacist Violence - Equality Nevada, Henderson Equality Center and GLSEN Southern Nevada joined a letter of solidarity with over 500 leading LGBTQ organizations condemning white supremacist violence and [...]
- #GivingTuesdayNow - Help us support our LGBTQ youth during this time of need. Every day, our staff works to support the community we serve. Now, more [...]
- “Together in Pride: You are Not Alone” - GLAAD to present “Together in Pride: You are Not Alone,” a star-studded livestream event highlighting the LGBTQ response to COVID-19 and benefiting CenterLink GLAAD announced [...]
- Chromebook’s - With students out of school right now and distance learning is the new way of education. Here at Equality Nevada, we know that several students [...]
- Equality Nevada Food Drive - In times of duress and challenge, it is important to remember that we are all one community and that race, creed, sexual orientation and gender [...]